The Environmental Systems Dynamics Laboratory, located in 550 McCone Hall, is currently set up for analysis of sediment, vegetation, and dissolved organic carbon samples, as well as for field prep and instrument calibration. Instruments and equipment include:
- OI Model 1010 TOC analyzer
- Horiba Jobin Yvon Aqualog fluorometer
- Ultrasonic processor
- Drying oven
- Analytical balances
- Milli-Q water production
- Standard wet chemistry equipment
- Sediment settling column with Nikon D2XS for sediment imaging
- YSI water quality and turbidity sondes
- LISST-FLOC laser diffraction particle size analyzer
- Ecogeomorphology Flume, for analyzing interactions between flow, vegetation, fine sediment, and biofilms.
And, if you step just outside the lab onto the McCone Hall balcony, the header image depicts the view you might see at sunset.